Overall a nice weekend on tap for most of us in Colorado. Our upper level ridge is still holding over the state but enough low level moisture (most likely left from the wet spring we've had) combined with low level storms and the occasional front is still bringing us decent chances for afternoon thunderstorms. While these storms are quite scattered in nature, some areas are seeing the more than others. Those of us along the Palmer Divide seem to be getting rain nearly every afternoon from these pop up storms, most likely due to the terrain in the area.
A Look at Other Regions in Colorado
For those of you outside the Castle Rock/ Palmer Divide area with weekend plans, here's a quick look at what to expect:
- Fort Morgan Area
- Friday: 97/65 – Mainly sunny and hot, chance (15%) of PM Storms
- Saturday: 85/57 – Partly cloudy and a bit cooler
- Sunday: 91/60 – Sunny and warm, chance (40%) of PM Storms
- Friday: 91/57 – Partly cloudy with PM Storms (50% chance)
- Saturday:81/52 – Partly cloudy
- Sunday: 85/54 – Mostly clear, chance (15%) of PM Storms
- Winter Park/Fraser
- Friday: 73/52 – Partly cloudy with a slight chance (15%) of PM Storms
- Saturday: 74/48 – Mainly sunny early with a slight chance (20%) of PM Storms
- Sunday 76/48 – Sunny and warm
- Woodland Park
- Friday: 79/52 – Partly cloudy early, decent chance (50%) of PM Storms
- Saturday: 73/48 – Partly cloudy early, decent chance (60%) of PM Storms
- Sunday 77/50 – Partly cloudy to mostly sunny early, decent chance (50%) of PM Storms
Quick Note About Friday Severe Weather Possibilities
SPC has a marginal risk for most of Colorado for severe weather on Friday. The outlined area includes the front range as well as mountain areas near the divide and slightly West. The threat is overall lower than Thursday but any severe storms will primarily contain hail and wind.
Worth keeping an eye out on Friday afternoon just in case, any severe storms that form will be spotty and most areas will just see general thunderstorms. I'll have an update on facebook if I see anything popping up.